Advertisement

Welcome, Guest

Breast care for Ladies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Fitness & Health
  • Page:

TOPIC: Breast care for Ladies

Breast care for Ladies 5 years, 12 months ago #1103

New research sug­gests women defend them­selves against breast can­cer with none other than a nut­cracker: eat­ing about two small hand­fuls of wal­nuts every­day may “sig­nif­i­cantly” curb your risks of the disease.

The study announced last week was con­ducted by researchers at Mar­shall Uni­ver­sity in the US who found that a daily dose of wal­nuts — equal to 2 ounces a day for humans — reduces the growth of breast can­cer tumors in mice.

The study is pub­lished in the jour­nal Nutri­tion and Can­cer.

“Food is impor­tant med­i­cine in our diet,” said the study’s led researcher Elaine Hard­man. “What we put into our bod­ies makes a big dif­fer­ence — it deter­mines how the body func­tions, our reac­tion to ill­ness and health.” She adds: “The sim­ple stuff really works: eat right, get off the couch, and turn off the TV.”

Other good rea­sons to nib­ble wal­nuts? Wal­nuts are loaded with antiox­i­dant polyphe­nols, com­pounds that inter­act with free rad­i­cals to sta­bi­lize them and pre­vent them from wreak­ing havoc on our cells.

Wal­nuts also have almost twice as many antiox­i­dant polyphe­nols as almonds, peanuts, pis­ta­chios, hazel­nuts, cashews, macadamias, Brazil nuts, and pecans, researchers said.

“A hand­ful of wal­nuts con­tains almost twice as much antiox­i­dants as an equiv­a­lent amount of any other com­monly con­sumed nut,” said US chem­istry pro­fes­sor and study researcher Joe Vin­son, who com­pleted a sep­a­rate study on wal­nuts announced ear­lier this year. “But unfor­tu­nately, peo­ple don’t eat a lot of them.”

Plus, like all nuts, wal­nuts are loaded with pro­tein, fiber, vit­a­mins, and min­er­als.
Source
  • Process0r637
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 5 years, 12 months ago by Process0r637. Reason: topic

Re: Breast care for Ladies 5 years, 11 months ago #1215

BREAST CARE

STEP 1: VISUAL EXAMINATION
* Force the mirror with arms on sides and examine beasts carefully for lumps, puckering, change in skin color, fluid around the nipple or other changes in appearance.
* Repeat procedure with arms raised over head.
* Place hands o hips. With chest muscles tensed, repeat visual inspection
* Gently squeeze each nipple and check for discharge.
STEP 2: CLOCK EXAMINATION (Standing/Taking a Bath)
* Put one hand behind head.
* Soap other hand, press it firmly against breast with fingers held flat.
* Make small circles from "breast bones" towards nipple, feeling the entire breasts and underarm are of the lumps.
* Raise other arm and examine other beasts. It is normal to feel a ridge of firm tissue around the lower curve of each breast.
STEP 3: CLOCK EXAMINATION (Lying Down)
* Lie on your back in a comfortable position
* Place a pillow under left shoulder
* Place left hand under head, then exmaine left breast with the right using the same procedure use in Step 2.
* Move pillow under right shoulder and examine right breast using the left hand
* Repeat the procedure for self-examination.
  • Process0r637
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:

Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

Translate

Advertisement

Banner

Who's Online

We have 811 guests online